|1||tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4||cup carrots, diced|
|1||cup kale, spines and leaves finely diced separately|
|3||cloves garlic, minced coarsely|
|3||tablespoons scallions, diced|
|3||dashes ume plum vinegar|
|3||sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and diced|
|3||tablespoons pine nuts, toasted|
|6||ounces chicken breast, (smoked) diced|
|2||cups cooked quinoa |
|3||tablespoons mango, diced|
|1/2||ounce romano cheese, finely grated|
|2||tablespoons yogurt cheese or sour cream (optional)|
|1/2||teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)|
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Dice vegetables to about 1/4-inch cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add carrots, kale spines, garlic and scallions, stir to coat with oil, and add ume vinegar. Stir until bright. (Do not overcook.)
- Add kale leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and chicken and blend in well with other ingredients. If using unsmoked chicken, add smoked paprika.
- When ingredients are heated through, stir in quinoa and mix well. Add another dash of ume vinegar if necessary. Gently stir in mango and romano cheese.
- Serve immediately, topped with sour cream or yogurt cheese (drained yogurt) dusted with smoked paprika, if desired.